No Face-to-Face Transactions Allowed
In compliance with the guidelines of Resolution No. 38 s. 2020 Section 4 (11) promulgated by the IATF: “No face-to-face transactions are allowed during the General Community Quarantine (GCQ) until August 31, 2020.”
Face-to-face or in-person classes shall be suspended. For Academic Year 2020-2021, the following shall be observed for the conduct of classes:
- For basic education, the Basic Education Learning Continuity Plan of the Department Of Education (DepEd) shall be adopted, as follows:
- Opening of classes for the basic education shall be on 24 August 2020 and shall end on 30 April 2021;
- Opening of private schools will be allowed within the period provided by law. Provided, that school learning continuity plan shall be submitted; no face-to-face classes will be allowed earlier than 24 August 2020; and, from 24 August, face-to-face learning shall only be allowed when the local risk severity grading permits, and subject to compliance with minimum public health standards;
- Adoption Of various learning delivery options such as but not limited to face-to-face, blended learning, distance learning, and homeschooling and Other modes Of delivery shall be implemented depending on the local COVID Risk Severity Classification and compliance with minimum public health standards; and
- Conduct of curricular and co-curricular activities involving gatherings such as science fairs, showcase of portfolios, trade fairs, school sports, campus journalism, festival of talents, job fairs, and Other similar activities is cancelled, except those conducted online.
- For higher education, the recommendations Of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) for higher education institutions (HEIs) shall be adopted, as follows:
- The rolling opening Of classes will be based on education delivery mode, compliance with minimum health standards and the situation on the ground:
- HEIs using full online education can open anytime;
- HEIs using flexible learning can open anytime in August 2020;
- HEIS using significant face-to-face or in-person mode can open not earlier than 01 September 2020;
- No face-to-face or in-person classes until 31 August 2020.
- Private HEIs are encouraged to change their academic calendar and open in August 2020.
Source: Official Gazette of the Philippines
Page published: June 3, 2020 @ 3:30 PM